Egg and chorizo casserole – family one-pot by Simon Rimmer
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 175g chorizo, sliced and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped in 1cm cubes
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 450g cooked tinned chickpeas, drained
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 large British Lion Blackdow Hill Eggs, beaten
- 4 large British Lion Blackdow Hill Eggs
- Chopped parsley to serve
In a deep, heavy bottomed pan, fry the chorizo for two minutes and then remove from the pan.
In the same pan, add the onion, garlic and celery and cook until soft. Add the cubed sweet potato and tomatoes and cook for five minutes.
Add the chickpeas and stock to the pan and return the chorizo. Mix well, season and cook for ten minutes.
Stir in the beaten eggs and parsley until the eggs are cooked.
Make four wells in the mixture then carefully crack an egg into each hollow. Cover and cook for five minutes or until set.
Add a sprinkle of parsley and serve.
Recipe courtesy of www.eggrecipes.co.uk